Earlier in February 2020, the company launched a mid-life facelift of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, which came will the updated BS6 engine and the pre-facelift model is now quite easily available in the resale market.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is one of the popular compact hatchbacks currently sold in the market. With an average monthly sale of about 3500 units, it’s not the best-selling Maruti Suzuki hatchback, but still contributes to the Nexa sales numbers. Earlier in February 2020, the company launched a mid-life facelift of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis, which came will the updated BS6 engine and the pre-facelift model is now quite easily available in the resale market. If you are planning to a used Maruti Suzuki Ignis, here are few pros and cons you should be looking at.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is a bit quirky but the car certainly stands apart compared to the other hatchbacks in the segment. And we think that’s a good thing. The car also comes with a single unit design that houses the four-slot grille and the larger headlamps with projector likes and U-shaped LED DRLs. It also gets faux silver skid plates, black alloys, LED taillamps, roof rails and flared wheel arches.
- The profile of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis is quite simple and straight which comes to its advantage while driving in city traffic conditions of parking in tight spots.
- Under the hood, the Maruti Suzuki Ignis gets the BS6 compliant 1.2-litre, four-cylinder VVT petrol engine from the Swift and Baleno that develops 82 bhp and 113 Nm of peak torque and is mated to a five-speed manual transmission while the AMT gearbox is optional. The engine is quite peppy to drive.
- The resale value of the Maruti Suzuki Ignis isnt as high compared to other models in the carmaker’s line-up, but still aftersales and parts availability isnt an issue as it shares its mechanicals with the Swift. So you can get the Ignis at a very reasonable price.
- On the inside, the Ignis looks dated compared to its rivals. It gets a dual-tone black and light beige interior with decent fit and finish, along with fabric upholstery. The car features a touchscreen screen with SmartPlay Studio 2.0 infotainment system featuring Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. It also comes with auto climate control, a multi-function steering wheel, electrically operable ORVMs, and more.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ignis is equipped with the AMT automatic gearbox which is not the most responsive of gearboxes when it comes to performance. But then, even its rivals are offered with the AMT gearbox only.
- The Maruti Suzuki Ignis diesel was discontinued long before the BS6 transition so if you’re looking for a diesel Ignis, you will have to settle for older model year cars.